Friday, September 3, 2010

It's ALOHA FRIDAY...

No work till Monday Tuesday...doo dee doo, doo dee doo dee doo dee doo dee doo dee doo...

Amber's Motivation Monday post really got my head spinning this week. Shoots. Why don't I reflect more? Am I so busy looking ahead that I don't enjoy the past more often, or am I so busy being hedonistic (dang that chocolate cake) that it keeps me from "doing the diet"? Or maybe I so want to be Justin Beiber's Mother-In-Law that I can't enjoy the moment! Being the teacher type, I looked it up. This is what I found...



(okay, this takes 10 minutes, but it is so worth it!)

So here we are, back at our Aloha Friday. You can chose:

#1. Something Old or something in the Past ...ummm...this is not the same thing! It can be a toy you used to play with, a TV show you used to watch, a book set in the 18th century! Get creative here.


(let your imagination run wild)

#2. Something hedonistically present.

What do you wish you were eating, or living or doing RIGHT NOW?


#3. Something new or something in the future.




What is the latest gadget that intrigues you or a place where you might be living in 20 years.

..............................................................................................................

As always, only ONE RULE...No paper. Every genius needs a respite.

When you enter put #1, #2, or #3 and your name. Someone will get hooked up with a little prize because Amber humors me and she is getting to like my little game too ;)

No need to link to your blog. You can link to whatever site you'd like. If you have trouble in IE, try firefox or Chrome. Let us know in the comments if the link doesn't work or if you would like to mention anything else.

Business is open until Monday morn. Enjoy your very long weekend!

7 comments:

Karin said...

So my story is...My first boyfriend in high school surprised me with this little stuffed animal and hung it in my locker for me to find. The best part is, I still have it. Why? My husband turned out to be named...Rodney :)

Amber Alvarez said...

"Blessed are they who remember that what they now have they once longed for."
--Jean Valentine

Pam said...

Oh Amber! I really AM going to be JB's mother.in.law!!!

Shilo Mayer said...

I canNOT wait to see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. The future looks bright again!

Pam said...

Thanx Duchess. Because you recommend, I will attend! (wait...did they use that line in the OJ Simpson trial?)

wendyp said...

can not figure out what I'm doing wrong with linky but here is my favorite childhood toy (PAST)... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=150487068035

hey, no laughing! ;)

wendyp said...

well phoey! that didn't work either. Maybe its me, LOL! Let's try this link... http://cgi.ebay.com/Brooke-Shields-Collectible-doll-/150487068035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2309ba6d83#ht_500wt_1154