Monday, February 28, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
I know that Oprah has not been in favor so much lately, but just for the record, she has had a few good quotes. Here's one...“luck is preparation meeting opportunity”. I've been prepping for the Academy Awards my whole life and at this point I'd consider riding to the Kodak Theatre in this oscar:
Thursday, February 24, 2011
After having some email chats with various friends over the last little while on this topic, I figured I would write this quick tut up just as a helpful idea for your digi-stamping arsenal...
1. Before you begin, decide whether you want to color in the image digitally (see my tut here). If you do elect to color your images do that first and save each file with a new file name (e.g., Tree-Colored) as a JPEG. Close all your images and re-open the saved JPEG files. In this example, I will work with blank images.
2. Working with your first image, ensure the layers palette (F7) is open.
3. Right-click the background layer.
4. Click Duplicate Layer.
5. When the Duplicate Layer dialog box displays, click OK.
6. In the Layers palette, select the duplicate layer.
7. Select the Magic Wand tool. (This tool is displayed in the previous image.)
8. Click outside the out-most edge of your image as shown in this example and press Delete.
10. Repeat steps 2 - 9 with the rest of the images you want to mix to create a scene.
11. Ensure all the images are open and visible in your window (if necessary, click Window > Arrange > Float All in Windows).
12. In this instance I am going to place the Amber Girl next to the tree (which would be impossible if all the white space were still there!). From the Layers palette, ensure the duplicate layer is selected.
13. Drag the duplicate layer over to the tree image.
14. Since the Amber Girl is a little big, I am going to free transform her using the handles at the edge (if you want an even scale of the image, ensure that you press Shift as you do this).
16. When prompted if you want to apply the transformation, click Apply.
17. My Amber girl is then placed and sized as I want her. See how she is tip-toeing on the tree skirt with no overlapping lines? Now that is masking made easy! I then added my presents to the base of the tree using steps 12 to 16.
18. Here is my finished image ready to print off and color! Voila!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Please tune in to catch an up close and personal... Let's start with the cute blonde who caught that flaming hot orange torch. She once had dreams of becoming an Olympic gymnast but now has dreams of getting eight hours of sleep and escaping the cold Wisconsin winter (not to mention some dreams of sunny Spain or a grotto in Italy). Olympic aspirations aside, just look at "SHE STAMPS" and you'll see that she easily scores a perfect 10. This organized lady is a Starbuck's mocha sipping Operations Manager by day and a jazzercising Copic Certified designer and stamper by night.
"Who wants a treat?" is a phrase that you might hear quite often in a house with a parrot, a cocker spaniel, a golden lab mix, a husband and a teenage daughter, but it is also something that the blog followers of Cheryl Gorka get on a daily basis. Treat yourself to the craftsmanship of a gold medalist in our book @ http://shestamps.blogspot.com/
Since Hawaii is always close to our hearts, when Brenda told us that she was passing her brown torch to a Close to My Heart independent consultant who developed the waterfall technique…well, you can just imagine our excitement! Is it any wonder that this scrappy chick's husband is bionic (seriously…dbl knee replacements!) and her two children look like they should pop out of a picture postcard? And BTW anyone who makes an AmberInk valentine card from her future hubby's first date joke ( "A mushroom walks into a bar. The Bartender says, "We don't serve your kind here." The Mushroom says "Why not ? I'm a fungi!") is already close to our hearts! When this Minnesota mom isn't busy with her cute family, or up at the family cabin or lost in "the cloud", you might be able to catch her teaching a scrapbooking class in Forrest Lake or marketing her wares at a local craft fair. Keep up to date @ http://www.myscrappychic.com/
Keva Brown is running with the blue torch this month and just in case you haven't met this self proclaimed "nerd" who has been stamping since 2003, you are in for a treat! This "winter soul" who lives in Tennessee with 12 year old daughter Ava, is currently covered in a snowy winter wonderland! Did we even know about wearing your pj's inside out and sleeping with spoons under our pillows in anticipation of getting a "snow day"? This is only one of the many tidbits of precious information one can find on Keva's blog! While husband Aaron is deployed yet again, you can still see such a happy marriage of pattern and color, and an eye that is off the hook @ http://hownowbrownkow.blogspot.com/
Stampin when I can, you will see that not only CAN Allison stamp, but she can do just about everything else too. Her profession as a technical writer keeps her mind sharp and her spektac family (DH Brad, and WJs Tristan, Charlotte and Avery) keeps her love pure. Not only does the fabu Mrs. Fillo teach , tutor and tip, but she maintains one of the best Challenge and sketch listing sites available. Oh, and just as a caveat, Allison's "fun things found on the web" can get just a tad bit addicting. See for yourself @ http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/
Friday, February 18, 2011
but it's a great start.
So introduce us to some art today!
It's best to right click and save an image to your computer file first.
Link to a URL, not your blog!
Make sure you put the category # (1,2,3) and your name.
(No need to put your email addy.)
That's it! See...easy peasy.
Enter once, twice or thrice
We'll see you on Monday
For the big pass off!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
There are so many prizes, so go ahead...use that chocolate high to your advantage! All you have to do is oooh and ahhhh over the gorgeous cards, leave a comment and wait for that call! Because who knows, you may be the winner of cash and prizes! Don't forget, there is still time to linky up your AmberInky valentine's Day creation.
Double the pleasure, double the fun!
Now...We're dusting off one of the first AmberInk cards ever created (thanks Leslie) to wish A top of the mornin' to ya!
Monday, February 14, 2011
For the PLETHORA of Valentines Sweets, and European chocolates and long stemmed roses, and yellow tulips,and endless perfection and romance galore that we hope you are enjoying today, may we suggest that you take a breather and visit Our Girl Taylor's landing spot.
And then, when you have a little bit of room left for a night cap, please come back and savor the sweet medley of none other than the aged to perfection perfection one might find @ AMBER INK.
Happy Valentine's Day friends.
For those that have created a Sweet Valentine using an AmberInk product...(and for everyone else's viewing pleasure) please linky it below for a little something extra - as offered up in the form of an exclusive V.I.P. gift card, chosen randomly on Friday. Linkage is open until Wednesday.