Friday, June 24, 2011

Aloha Friday - Summertime and the Living's Easy

It's here. OFFICIAL KINE. It's Summer and It's Aloha Friday so I get to speak pigeon English.

On Wednesday the Duchess and I blew off from our job-job's early and met at our favorite nail salon in the Slope. There was bliss in the air as we had our nails did. Mine are florescent orange and the Duchess is rocking 'nude' , the latest nail trend. We ended up talking about things that make us happy and of course our minds turned to music. OK. You know the drill!
#1 - The music that puts that special sundress vibe in your walk. It might be nostalgia or it might be brand new, but it is totally your sound of summer.



Every Summer I relish reading Cynthia Voight's middle grade treasure trove, the Tillerman series. This weekend at the beach I'm toting my favorite of the set, 'A Solitary Blue'.

#2 - What book are you thrilled to be carrying in your tote this season?

Ready for the third Aloha Friday clue? WILD CARD!
#3 - It's not Summer without ____________

GOODIE GOODIE!



OK, Let's Remix this baby:
OK. RECAP TIME!
..............................................................................
#1 - Your Sound of Summer
#2 - The Summer Read You're Dying to Read
#3 - It's Not Summer without ________

..............................................................................
New to Aloha Friday?

We've made a video to help you play along!
Get your URL ready and paste it into the URL line.
Click on the 'click here to enter' part of the linky.
Your caption is the number you are answering and your name.
..............................................................................

4 comments:

Karin said...

Not sure that I'm all that proud that I'm finishing the Hunger Games trilogy, but it's better than the awful Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks...Blech. Get corn from the same farm every year and it's so sweet, it's like dessert. Wouldn't be summer without some Bob...Enjoy the sunshine!

Karin said...

Oops...Forgot to say great choices Amber :)

Pam said...

HI Karin!!! I'm a hold out on Hunger Games - I like my sleep and don't want it infested w/creepy dreams - I can't even get past reading reviews of it, so I am out of the loop - oh darn! Guess I'll just listen to Beach Boys, take a road trip and sip some lemonade. Either way, I'm SO SO glad summer is HERE!

Duchess said...

Hunger Games is amazing!!!
But seriously gals, I need a good a summer read. I got nothin'.