Friday, August 26, 2011

The Calm before the Storm

With new torchbearers
and one big bad hurricane
on the way
we thought it would be a good time to show you
Mel's calm and soothing beach diorama.


It is like a walk on the beach
on a hot summer day.

See those little beach clothes hanging?

They are only 1/4 to 1/2 inch high!
The whole box is 3 1/4 square "!
How darling would that be on your bookshelf?

Mel suggest a vacation memo box
(I think the Eiffel tower would just fit)
or
cut out family photos and have the kids building
sandcastles on the beach.

There are like a million ideas for this little gem.

Find out how
in a step by step Mel kind of way

@


 Amber Ink Products used in this post:




7 comments:

Duchess said...

Love this!!

Amber Alvarez said...

This is my jam!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Mel's work is amazing!!! What fun :>)
BTW, I am just loving your trains...I made 2 more name trains. I would have posted 'em if I got pics. Making gifts for others is exactly why I call myself the Last Minute Crafter. I decide the night before that I am going to make a gift and then I am working on it right before we are to leave. Hence, no time for pics, but hopefully I get one when the frame is in the little one's room!!!

Pam said...

That is so cool Julie! That is how WE work too! We love what you did with that little train too - it's our first attempt at putting ideas along w/product so in a shameless bit of self promotion...find it @ http://www.amberink.com/products/its-a-train-set

Rhonda Miller said...

This is fabulous. I just love Mel's creations. TFS.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

That is wonderful, really pretty and very calming to look at :)

Karin said...

Just when you think Mel cannot be more amazing, she does this! Sheesh!